- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Knockout Round Scenarios, Stats And Reaction To The Stunning 2-2 U.S.-Portugal Draw
Silvestre Varela’s 95th-minute goal — off of a perfectly-placed pass from Cristiano Ronaldo — was the equalizer that cost the U.S. 2 points and resulted in a 2-2 draw with Portugal today in the World Cup. It was the latest goal surrendered in group stage history, by the way. Ouch.
Positive takeaways for the U.S.: a fierce comeback as it pushed around the No. 4 team in the world for most of the match. Plus, if Portugal beats Ghana, the U.S. advances to the knockout round, even if they lose to Germany … unless the combined goal differential is more than 5. Also a tie with Germany puts the U.S. in. Got it?
— GuardianUS (@GuardianUS) June 23, 2014
— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight) June 23, 2014
— FIFAWorldCup (@FIFAWorldCup) June 23, 2014
— U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) June 23, 2014
— Luke Russert (@LukeRussert) June 23, 2014
— CBSSports.com (@CBSSports) June 22, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts