- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The 8 Best World Cup Team Logos
I’m sure the Brazil World Cup logo made sense to someone when they approved it, but let’s look past it to the individual national logos. To supporters of these teams, the logos represent more than they do to someone who is ignorant of team histories (like say, me). So that makes me uniquely qualified to decide, right?
Like every other sports team, national football teams have figured out that if you keep changing the uniform, you can milk your fans for more money when they buy the new stuff. So no, this isn’t based on uniforms. Plus, it doesn’t take into account any last minute “Just for Brazil 2014″ logo design changes.
After reviewing all 32 logos, I have to say some countries are trying too hard to evoke world domination, while others look like they are using a 30-day trial version of Photoshop. Still others – and I’m looking at you mostly UEFA countries – were just a little too artsy to be on an athletic jersey. So, considering all that, here are my top eight:
David Young has been a columnist for ESPN, Sports Illustrated and other sites, and is now a columnist for SportsGrid.com. Keep up with him on Twitter: @turkeysflying
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Ronda Rousey's Acting Debut