- Rams Distinguish Themselves With Teammate-On-Teammate Violence
- This Just In: Andy Dalton and Victor Cruz Are Tied In Touchdown Receptions
- Is MSU's Connor Cook College Football's Most Underrated Quarterback?
- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The 8 Best World Cup Team Logos
I’m sure the Brazil World Cup logo made sense to someone when they approved it, but let’s look past it to the individual national logos. To supporters of these teams, the logos represent more than they do to someone who is ignorant of team histories (like say, me). So that makes me uniquely qualified to decide, right?
Like every other sports team, national football teams have figured out that if you keep changing the uniform, you can milk your fans for more money when they buy the new stuff. So no, this isn’t based on uniforms. Plus, it doesn’t take into account any last minute “Just for Brazil 2014″ logo design changes.
After reviewing all 32 logos, I have to say some countries are trying too hard to evoke world domination, while others look like they are using a 30-day trial version of Photoshop. Still others – and I’m looking at you mostly UEFA countries – were just a little too artsy to be on an athletic jersey. So, considering all that, here are my top eight:
David Young has been a columnist for ESPN, Sports Illustrated and other sites, and is now a columnist for SportsGrid.com. Keep up with him on Twitter: @turkeysflying
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts