- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The 8 Best World Cup Team Logos
I’m sure the Brazil World Cup logo made sense to someone when they approved it, but let’s look past it to the individual national logos. To supporters of these teams, the logos represent more than they do to someone who is ignorant of team histories (like say, me). So that makes me uniquely qualified to decide, right?
Like every other sports team, national football teams have figured out that if you keep changing the uniform, you can milk your fans for more money when they buy the new stuff. So no, this isn’t based on uniforms. Plus, it doesn’t take into account any last minute “Just for Brazil 2014″ logo design changes.
After reviewing all 32 logos, I have to say some countries are trying too hard to evoke world domination, while others look like they are using a 30-day trial version of Photoshop. Still others – and I’m looking at you mostly UEFA countries – were just a little too artsy to be on an athletic jersey. So, considering all that, here are my top eight:
David Young has been a columnist for ESPN, Sports Illustrated and other sites, and is now a columnist for SportsGrid.com. Keep up with him on Twitter: @turkeysflying
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'