- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- Report: Ray Rice Case To Be First In NFL History Decided By Arbitrator
- SNL's 'Honest NFL Player Introductions' Has Just The Right Amount Of Awesome
- How To Watch NFL Games On TV Without Horrible Commentary
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Animated Graphic Showing Belgium Bombarding U.S. Goal Will Make You Wince
Yes Tim Howard had a monster day against Belgium, and yes, the U.S. did much better than expected in this World Cup. But when head coach Jurgen Klinsmann tells us at the beginning of the proceedings that the #USA team is not quite ready to be in the same class as the world’s soccer elite, maybe next time we’ll listen to him.
Simply put, Belgium dominated us on Tuesday. If not for some gutsy play by the U.S. side — highlighted by Howard’s superhuman effort in the net — the Belgians would have won 5-0 in regulation. Just look at the graphic below, which charts Belgium’s shots in five-minute intervals. Warning: may make you dizzy.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 2, 2014
That’s 39 shots on goal (yikes), to 17 for the U.S. Here’s the tally at the end of regulation.
— Sean Alger (@SeanMAlger) July 1, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Tim Howard
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts