- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Animated Graphic Showing Belgium Bombarding U.S. Goal Will Make You Wince
Yes Tim Howard had a monster day against Belgium, and yes, the U.S. did much better than expected in this World Cup. But when head coach Jurgen Klinsmann tells us at the beginning of the proceedings that the #USA team is not quite ready to be in the same class as the world’s soccer elite, maybe next time we’ll listen to him.
Simply put, Belgium dominated us on Tuesday. If not for some gutsy play by the U.S. side — highlighted by Howard’s superhuman effort in the net — the Belgians would have won 5-0 in regulation. Just look at the graphic below, which charts Belgium’s shots in five-minute intervals. Warning: may make you dizzy.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 2, 2014
That’s 39 shots on goal (yikes), to 17 for the U.S. Here’s the tally at the end of regulation.
— Sean Alger (@SeanMAlger) July 1, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Tim Howard
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'