- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Begun, The Hippo-Crocodile War Has
Crocodiles have been having a rough go of it lately: if they’re not being swallowed by snakes, they’re being mugged by jaguars (kitty wants a new pair of shoes). Now hippos are getting all up in their grill, and the crocs are getting fed up. Their new strategy? Hang out in large gangs.
What’s the word for a group of crocodiles, anyway?
Not exactly sports, but come on: it’s dozens of hippos vs. about a hundred crocodiles. They’re going to rumble! Who ya got?
It happened at South Luangwa National Park in Zambia, where apparently the crocs gathered around the carcass of a dead hippo. Friends of the deceased didn’t care for this, and mounted a mass attack. But the crocs counter-attacked, and reportedly won the day with superior numbers.
Photos by wildlife photographer Marc Mol.
This post enthusiastically approved by 12-year-old me.
- Filed Under:
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship