- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
‘Invisibility Wetsuit’ Turns Wearer From Shark Victim To Fashion Victim
If only the poor, unfortunate souls in Sharknado had had these.
Shark experts in Australia claim that they have invented a wetsuit that makes the wearer invisible to sharks. The University of Western Australia, along with Shark Attack Mitigation Systems, say that the striped suits — which come in two varieties — repel sharks in two different ways.
With the black-and-white suit, the pattern scares away a shark looking to attack. The blue and aqua version serves as camouflage to confuse the shark.
OK! (Claps hands together). Who wants to test it?
The wetsuits were developed as a response by the Government of Western Australia to the increase of shark attacks along the coastline of Western Australia.
Indeed, Australia is pretty much shark central as far as attacks go: there have been 124 unprovoked shark attacks there in the past 10 years. And Western Australia is the hot zone: in March of this year, they closed the beach at popular Trigg Point when a pack of more than 100 sharks was seen about 600 meters out.
“But, as you see, it’s a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means ‘friendship’.”
"AM I THE BIGGEST LOSER KN THE BEACH?!" -the guy wearing that striped wetsuit
— Cameron Beck (@electriccameron) July 19, 2013
Got to laugh at the Aussies thinking that a striped wetsuit will fool the sharks! #goodlucksuckers
— pompey saint (@Pompeysaint) July 19, 2013
— Aaron VanSchyndel (@vanschyndel) July 18, 2013
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success