- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
11 Of The Best Terrible Things From John Rocker’s ‘AMA’ On Reddit
John Rocker was a major league relief pitcher who, by the end of his career, was better known for his mouth than his arm. Braves fans probably remember him best as their closer in the late ’90s, while most other people remember him for this charming description of New York City in Sports Illustrated:
“Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you’re riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing… The biggest thing I don’t like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?”
Imagine that, indeed. Thankfully for Rocker, he never had to experience the travesty of getting traded to the Mets or Yankees — after bouncing around a few other pro and independent leagues, he was done with baseball by the mid-2000s. Also, he took steroids, but in his own words, “Who hasn’t?”
From the jump, it was clear that this wasn’t going to go well. By the end, it was an all-out troll fest. Here are the our “favorite” (note: favorite in this context can also double as “least favorite”) parts from the AMA:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story