- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
11 Of The Best Terrible Things From John Rocker’s ‘AMA’ On Reddit
John Rocker was a major league relief pitcher who, by the end of his career, was better known for his mouth than his arm. Braves fans probably remember him best as their closer in the late ’90s, while most other people remember him for this charming description of New York City in Sports Illustrated:
“Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you’re riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing… The biggest thing I don’t like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?”
Imagine that, indeed. Thankfully for Rocker, he never had to experience the travesty of getting traded to the Mets or Yankees — after bouncing around a few other pro and independent leagues, he was done with baseball by the mid-2000s. Also, he took steroids, but in his own words, “Who hasn’t?”
From the jump, it was clear that this wasn’t going to go well. By the end, it was an all-out troll fest. Here are the our “favorite” (note: favorite in this context can also double as “least favorite”) parts from the AMA:
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?