- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Akron Aeros Change Name To The Rubber Ducks
This sounds pretty good, until you realize that two of the rejected choices for the new name were Tire Jacks and Canal Rats … both far superior. Anyway, the old Akron Aeros Double-A Minor League baseball team is now the Akron Rubber Ducks. It’s a nod toward Akron’s rubber industry, so, there you have it.
New owner Ken Babby announced the name at a press conference today.
Canal Park will be just like Disney World, where plenty of characters are walking around, team General Manager Jim Pfander promised.
Names that didn’t make the cut included Tire Jacks, Vulcans and Canal Rats.
You had me on board up until Disney World.
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story