- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Akron Aeros Change Name To The Rubber Ducks
This sounds pretty good, until you realize that two of the rejected choices for the new name were Tire Jacks and Canal Rats … both far superior. Anyway, the old Akron Aeros Double-A Minor League baseball team is now the Akron Rubber Ducks. It’s a nod toward Akron’s rubber industry, so, there you have it.
New owner Ken Babby announced the name at a press conference today.
Canal Park will be just like Disney World, where plenty of characters are walking around, team General Manager Jim Pfander promised.
Names that didn’t make the cut included Tire Jacks, Vulcans and Canal Rats.
You had me on board up until Disney World.
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story