- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Akron Aeros Change Name To The Rubber Ducks
This sounds pretty good, until you realize that two of the rejected choices for the new name were Tire Jacks and Canal Rats … both far superior. Anyway, the old Akron Aeros Double-A Minor League baseball team is now the Akron Rubber Ducks. It’s a nod toward Akron’s rubber industry, so, there you have it.
New owner Ken Babby announced the name at a press conference today.
Canal Park will be just like Disney World, where plenty of characters are walking around, team General Manager Jim Pfander promised.
Names that didn’t make the cut included Tire Jacks, Vulcans and Canal Rats.
You had me on board up until Disney World.
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts