- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
The Bridgeport (CT) Bluefish play in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, which is not affiliated with Major League Baseball — so I guess they figured they could do this: wear jerseys with nipples on them.
Not so fast, said social media. We have never let Batman forget his nippled batsuit, and we will not stand for this.
General Manager Ken Shepard came up with the idea for the team’s Military Appreciation Night. The jersey would be worn for that game, then auctioned to fans.
According to Twitter followers, it was a strikeout.
“We got the message loud and clear,” Shepard said. “That’s what social media is all about.”
So it’s back to the drawing board for the jerseys, which will be worn on two military nights at the ballpark, Aug. 30 and Sept. 11.
— CTBoom (@CTBOOM) July 28, 2014
Bridgeport Bluefish unveil ugly military themed nipple uniform (Photo) http://t.co/uYdF01wHFu
— ColorWerx (@ColorWerx) July 26, 2014
— Marc Normandin (@Marc_Normandin) July 25, 2014
Too bad: two-time MLB All-Star pitcher Dontrelle Willis recently agreed to pitch for the Bluefish, and would be wearing nipples next month. And apparently all the jerseys depict bare-chested Caucasians, so that would have been awkward.
- Filed Under:
- Bridgeport Bluefish
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'