- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Manny Ramirez’s Taiwanese Team Wore Manny Dreads For His 40th Birthday
Remember when Manny Ramirez dreadlock hats were a big thing with the Dodgers? I have a feeling that Dodgers’ fans didn’t have one-eighth of the fun with the fake hair that his Taiwanese teammates did on Sunday.
As you probably know, Ramirez is playing for a Taiwanese team in the Chinese Professional Baseball League, the EDA Rhinos, where the former MLB star is testing the fences with his bat (.344, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 45 hits in 35 games) and his coaches’ patience with his sliding. He turns 40 on Thursday, and on Sunday his Rhinos teammates threw him an early birthday party.
[It was] during a home game where everyone, and we mean everyone, wore dreads to honor his 40th.
The trainers wore dreads. The broadcasters wore dreads. The coaches wore dreads.
And Manny serenaded himself by leading “Happy Birthday” before telling fans that the Rhinos “have a game to play.”
The announcers seemed to have the most fun of all.
Wait, everyone connected to the team wore dreadlocks? I think not.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story