- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Manny Ramirez’s Taiwanese Team Wore Manny Dreads For His 40th Birthday
Remember when Manny Ramirez dreadlock hats were a big thing with the Dodgers? I have a feeling that Dodgers’ fans didn’t have one-eighth of the fun with the fake hair that his Taiwanese teammates did on Sunday.
As you probably know, Ramirez is playing for a Taiwanese team in the Chinese Professional Baseball League, the EDA Rhinos, where the former MLB star is testing the fences with his bat (.344, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 45 hits in 35 games) and his coaches’ patience with his sliding. He turns 40 on Thursday, and on Sunday his Rhinos teammates threw him an early birthday party.
[It was] during a home game where everyone, and we mean everyone, wore dreads to honor his 40th.
The trainers wore dreads. The broadcasters wore dreads. The coaches wore dreads.
And Manny serenaded himself by leading “Happy Birthday” before telling fans that the Rhinos “have a game to play.”
The announcers seemed to have the most fun of all.
Wait, everyone connected to the team wore dreadlocks? I think not.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down