- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Manny Ramirez’s Taiwanese Team Wore Manny Dreads For His 40th Birthday
Remember when Manny Ramirez dreadlock hats were a big thing with the Dodgers? I have a feeling that Dodgers’ fans didn’t have one-eighth of the fun with the fake hair that his Taiwanese teammates did on Sunday.
As you probably know, Ramirez is playing for a Taiwanese team in the Chinese Professional Baseball League, the EDA Rhinos, where the former MLB star is testing the fences with his bat (.344, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 45 hits in 35 games) and his coaches’ patience with his sliding. He turns 40 on Thursday, and on Sunday his Rhinos teammates threw him an early birthday party.
[It was] during a home game where everyone, and we mean everyone, wore dreads to honor his 40th.
The trainers wore dreads. The broadcasters wore dreads. The coaches wore dreads.
And Manny serenaded himself by leading “Happy Birthday” before telling fans that the Rhinos “have a game to play.”
The announcers seemed to have the most fun of all.
Wait, everyone connected to the team wore dreadlocks? I think not.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier