- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Have You Ever Heard A Better Home-Run-Call Than This Taiwanese Announcer Mentioning Ex-Girlfriends Over A Manny Ramirez Blast?
Manny Ramirez, the pride of Taiwan and an unskilled slider, recently hit a home run in Taiwan. When you hit a home run in Taiwan and the game is on television, an announcer gives a “home-run-call.” I am not acclimated with Taiwanese culture, but this tradition holds from America to this foreign land.
And it appears the announcer has been brainstorming his entire life for this one moment, where a legendary American slugger would mash a moonshot in front of his eyes. 37 years of sleepless nights left him with this, the announcer’s legacy:
THIS BALL IS LONG GONE, JUST LIKE AN EX-GIRLFRIEND WHO. WILL. NEVER. RETURN!!!!!!
I have pondered this. The phrasing is airtight. The ball is indeed long gone like an ex-girlfriend who will never return. Proper use of who instead of whom, and both sides of the simile have a shred of doubt in them (the fan could return the ball, but it’s highly unlikely, like the ex-girlfriend). Delightful.
For next time, I recommend: “THIS BALL IS LONG GONE, JUST LIKE MANNY RAMIREZ UN-SHRIVELED TESTICLES. THAT. WILL. NEVER. RETURN!!!!!!
- Filed Under:
- manny ramirez
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?