- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Minor Leaguer Quintin Berry Has Awesome Reaction To Getting Ejected (VIDEO)
Quintin Berry is currently hitting .310 with 12 steals for the Norfolk Tides (the AAA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles). Thursday night, after getting his first hit in four at-bats, Berry was ejected — at first base — by umpire Tom Honec. Instead of turning to the dugout and letting pinch runner Cord Phelps take over, Berry decided to run the bases, culminating with a feet-first slide into home, burying the plate in dirt.
While it might seem odd at first, if you look closely at the end of his slide, Berry swipes his hand behind him to try and get more dirt onto the plate. Where one person may see just another goofy minor league ejection, another will see a cold and calculated plan to make Honec do some extra work brushing dirt off the plate.
The ejection caused such an odd reaction that even the cameraman and announcer didn’t realize what was happening until Berry (who didn’t comment after the game) was rounding third.
Watch video of the incident below, courtesy of the Post-Standard:
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts