- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
There’s A Minor League Team Named ‘The Nuts’ And They Need Your Help Naming Their Mascot
No one knows what the hell “mudhens” are, or “river rats,” or what it means to be a “skysock.” But one team — the Colorado Rockies’ minor league affiliate in Modesto, CA — stand out among the rest as the single most confusingly ridiculous name in all of sports.
Fans voted for the name back in 2005 (apparently an homage to the crop their town is best known for), and now they’re being tasked again to name their pistachio mascot.
Only in America.
— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) March 21, 2014
And here’s our suggestion:
Who cares, that girl is nuts… @ModestoNuts
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) March 26, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World