- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
There’s A Minor League Team Named ‘The Nuts’ And They Need Your Help Naming Their Mascot
No one knows what the hell “mudhens” are, or “river rats,” or what it means to be a “skysock.” But one team — the Colorado Rockies’ minor league affiliate in Modesto, CA — stand out among the rest as the single most confusingly ridiculous name in all of sports.
Fans voted for the name back in 2005 (apparently an homage to the crop their town is best known for), and now they’re being tasked again to name their pistachio mascot.
Only in America.
— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) March 21, 2014
And here’s our suggestion:
Who cares, that girl is nuts… @ModestoNuts
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) March 26, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts