- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
There’s A Minor League Team Named ‘The Nuts’ And They Need Your Help Naming Their Mascot
No one knows what the hell “mudhens” are, or “river rats,” or what it means to be a “skysock.” But one team — the Colorado Rockies’ minor league affiliate in Modesto, CA — stand out among the rest as the single most confusingly ridiculous name in all of sports.
Fans voted for the name back in 2005 (apparently an homage to the crop their town is best known for), and now they’re being tasked again to name their pistachio mascot.
Only in America.
— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) March 21, 2014
And here’s our suggestion:
Who cares, that girl is nuts… @ModestoNuts
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) March 26, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier