- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
There’s A Minor League Team Named ‘The Nuts’ And They Need Your Help Naming Their Mascot
No one knows what the hell “mudhens” are, or “river rats,” or what it means to be a “skysock.” But one team — the Colorado Rockies’ minor league affiliate in Modesto, CA — stand out among the rest as the single most confusingly ridiculous name in all of sports.
Fans voted for the name back in 2005 (apparently an homage to the crop their town is best known for), and now they’re being tasked again to name their pistachio mascot.
Only in America.
— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) March 21, 2014
And here’s our suggestion:
Who cares, that girl is nuts… @ModestoNuts
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) March 26, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Minor League Baseball
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts