- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Your New Favorite MLB Player: Munenori Kawasaki
Munenori Kawasaki is not a slugger (.324 this season). Munenori Kawasaki is not a base stealer (0 this season). Munenori Kawasaki is not a prospect (33 years old this season). But he is a hell of an interview:
The other night he got a bear hug from David Ortiz, and Kawasaki’s description of the event brought tears to my eyes:
And when he hangs up the cleats, I guarantee you he’ll be the Japanese Letterman:
Bonus footage! Just because we’re on the subject of Japanese baseball players speaking English, this is the all-time greatest interview of anyone, anywhere. Ichiro tells Bob Costas his favorite American expression:
Funny, it’s mine, too.
David Young has been a columnist for ESPN and Sports Illustrated, and is now one for SportsGrid.com. Follow him on Twitter @turkeysflying.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts