- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Kid Hits Full-Court Buzzer-Beater To Win Game, Then Does It Again For TV The Next Day
We take you now to Holmen, Wis., where 13-year-old Easton Gamoke is playing in a two-state eighth-grade basketball tournament on Sunday. His YMCA Running Rebels are tied with the opposition, 44-all, with just a couple seconds left in the game. Gamoke doesn’t like overtime so much, so he heaves a desperation, full-court shot at the buzzer, and …
Gamoke is from Winona, Minn., so local TV station KMSP asked him to recreate the shot on camera for their newscast. Fat chance, but he said he’d try. Then on his first attempt …
The quotes, however, were the best part. Gamoke, on the original shot:
“It didn’t look like it was going in at first, but then it started curving,” he remembered. “Now everybody knows who we are and everything.”
Teammate Austin Weatherhead:
“All girls love basketball players.”
Random parent who videotaped the original shot:
“Oh my gosh!”
Same parent, heard at the TV taping when the second shot went in:
“Oh my gosh!”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts