- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Dude Is Freaking Out Because His Old ID Photo Looks Just Like Suspected Fugitive Bomber
The guy on the left is fugitive suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev — still on the run following mayhem in Watertown, MA, last night, and the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday, in which he was allegedly involved.
The guy on the right is Jack Mirkinson, who has absolutely no involvement in any of this. Except that one of his old ID photos makes him look remarkably like Tsarnaev.
It as Mirkinson himself who noted the similarity and tweeted the photo for all to see.
Freaking out because Dzhokhar’s wanted pic looks insanely like an old, terrible ID photo of mine twitter.com/jackmirkinson/…
— Jack Mirkinson (@jackmirkinson) April 19, 2013
Remember the Far Side cartoon where one deer has a bullseye on his stomach, and the other deer says to him: “Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.” Yep. That’s a bummer.
Kudos to Mirkinson for getting out ahead of this, with media outlets jumping to all sorts of conclusions about this story (I’m looking at you, New York Post). But then, he does work for the Huffington Post, so he would be savvy on media matters.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier