- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Dude Is Freaking Out Because His Old ID Photo Looks Just Like Suspected Fugitive Bomber
The guy on the left is fugitive suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev — still on the run following mayhem in Watertown, MA, last night, and the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday, in which he was allegedly involved.
The guy on the right is Jack Mirkinson, who has absolutely no involvement in any of this. Except that one of his old ID photos makes him look remarkably like Tsarnaev.
It as Mirkinson himself who noted the similarity and tweeted the photo for all to see.
Freaking out because Dzhokhar’s wanted pic looks insanely like an old, terrible ID photo of mine twitter.com/jackmirkinson/…
— Jack Mirkinson (@jackmirkinson) April 19, 2013
Remember the Far Side cartoon where one deer has a bullseye on his stomach, and the other deer says to him: “Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.” Yep. That’s a bummer.
Kudos to Mirkinson for getting out ahead of this, with media outlets jumping to all sorts of conclusions about this story (I’m looking at you, New York Post). But then, he does work for the Huffington Post, so he would be savvy on media matters.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success