- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
“An Incompetent Decision”: HBO Announcers Enraged By, Refuse To Accept Boxing Result
The main card of Saturday night’s HBO event in Atlantic City left commentary team Bob Papa, Roy Jones, Harold Lederman, and Max Kellerman befuddled and angry after Paul Williams won a majority decision over heavily-favored Erislandy Lara in a junior middleweight bout.
“That stinks,” Kellerman said after the fight, and the longtime boxing analyst showed open contempt for Williams in the postfight interview while telling the previously-unbeaten Lara that he was “the real winner.”
Lara led in nearly every boxing metric and opened large cuts on Williams’ face. Here’s the post-fight commentary highlights of what BoxingScene.com called “a travesty”:
Perhaps most telling was Roy Jones, Jr. equating the result to “Seoul Korea,” a reference to his inexplicable defeat at the 1988 Summer Olympics, a decision considered to be one of the most controversial in boxing history.
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same
- The Year Of Serena Williams
- Manny Pacquiao Facing Tax Problems in the U.S. Too?