- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- This TMZ Vid Of Big Baby Ushering A Dozen Women Into An SUV Is Hilarious
- It's A No-Lose Situation For Both Sides If Phil Jackson Joins The Knicks
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
“An Incompetent Decision”: HBO Announcers Enraged By, Refuse To Accept Boxing Result
The main card of Saturday night’s HBO event in Atlantic City left commentary team Bob Papa, Roy Jones, Harold Lederman, and Max Kellerman befuddled and angry after Paul Williams won a majority decision over heavily-favored Erislandy Lara in a junior middleweight bout.
“That stinks,” Kellerman said after the fight, and the longtime boxing analyst showed open contempt for Williams in the postfight interview while telling the previously-unbeaten Lara that he was “the real winner.”
Lara led in nearly every boxing metric and opened large cuts on Williams’ face. Here’s the post-fight commentary highlights of what BoxingScene.com called “a travesty”:
Perhaps most telling was Roy Jones, Jr. equating the result to “Seoul Korea,” a reference to his inexplicable defeat at the 1988 Summer Olympics, a decision considered to be one of the most controversial in boxing history.
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real