- Jay Cutler Walked Into The Stadium Looking Douchier Than Ever
- The Real Reason The Vikings Don't 'Foresee' Adrian Peterson 'In Their Future'
- Mike Francesa Explains Why Roger Goodell Isn't Going Anywhere Anytime Soon
- Dear God This Kid Was Really Excited To Give A Post-Game Interview
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
“An Incompetent Decision”: HBO Announcers Enraged By, Refuse To Accept Boxing Result
The main card of Saturday night’s HBO event in Atlantic City left commentary team Bob Papa, Roy Jones, Harold Lederman, and Max Kellerman befuddled and angry after Paul Williams won a majority decision over heavily-favored Erislandy Lara in a junior middleweight bout.
“That stinks,” Kellerman said after the fight, and the longtime boxing analyst showed open contempt for Williams in the postfight interview while telling the previously-unbeaten Lara that he was “the real winner.”
Lara led in nearly every boxing metric and opened large cuts on Williams’ face. Here’s the post-fight commentary highlights of what BoxingScene.com called “a travesty”:
Perhaps most telling was Roy Jones, Jr. equating the result to “Seoul Korea,” a reference to his inexplicable defeat at the 1988 Summer Olympics, a decision considered to be one of the most controversial in boxing history.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts