- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
“An Incompetent Decision”: HBO Announcers Enraged By, Refuse To Accept Boxing Result
The main card of Saturday night’s HBO event in Atlantic City left commentary team Bob Papa, Roy Jones, Harold Lederman, and Max Kellerman befuddled and angry after Paul Williams won a majority decision over heavily-favored Erislandy Lara in a junior middleweight bout.
“That stinks,” Kellerman said after the fight, and the longtime boxing analyst showed open contempt for Williams in the postfight interview while telling the previously-unbeaten Lara that he was “the real winner.”
Lara led in nearly every boxing metric and opened large cuts on Williams’ face. Here’s the post-fight commentary highlights of what BoxingScene.com called “a travesty”:
Perhaps most telling was Roy Jones, Jr. equating the result to “Seoul Korea,” a reference to his inexplicable defeat at the 1988 Summer Olympics, a decision considered to be one of the most controversial in boxing history.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier