- Ndamukong Suh Roughs Chad Henne, Hasn't Changed At All (GIF)
- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- The Suns Are Trying To Slide In And Snag Kevin Love At The Last Second
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
“An Incompetent Decision”: HBO Announcers Enraged By, Refuse To Accept Boxing Result
The main card of Saturday night’s HBO event in Atlantic City left commentary team Bob Papa, Roy Jones, Harold Lederman, and Max Kellerman befuddled and angry after Paul Williams won a majority decision over heavily-favored Erislandy Lara in a junior middleweight bout.
“That stinks,” Kellerman said after the fight, and the longtime boxing analyst showed open contempt for Williams in the postfight interview while telling the previously-unbeaten Lara that he was “the real winner.”
Lara led in nearly every boxing metric and opened large cuts on Williams’ face. Here’s the post-fight commentary highlights of what BoxingScene.com called “a travesty”:
Perhaps most telling was Roy Jones, Jr. equating the result to “Seoul Korea,” a reference to his inexplicable defeat at the 1988 Summer Olympics, a decision considered to be one of the most controversial in boxing history.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'