- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
A UFC Fighter Suffered The Most Brutal Broken Toe We’ve Ever Seen (WARNING: GRAPHIC)
UFC fighters are always at a pretty high risk for gruesome injury – the brutal nature of the sport makes it a relief when someone doesn’t sustain an injury, and/or if no blood is spilled. As much as danger is inherent in the fights themselves, though, sometimes, the worst injuries still come as a result of freak accidents.
Take the case of Anthony Perosh, a fighter from Australia. Perosh, according to UFC reporter Adam Ireland, will miss his next scheduled fight because of a broken toe. The origins of said broken toe are pretty mundane:
The injury happened when Anthony attempted a routine takedown and his toe got stuck in/between 2 mats.
— Adam Ireland (@adamireland1) November 13, 2012
The broken toe itself, however, is anything but. It is, in fact, judging by the picture Ireland tweeted, the very worst broken toe we’ve ever seen. It’s so bad that we’re not even putting a picture in this post – just linking to it. The link is below. Before proceeding, let us be clear: do not click it if you do not like gross injury pictures. Because this is a particularly gross injury picture. Are we clear on that? Are you not scrolling down any further if you’re squeamish? Okay. Good. Because…
We warned you. Get well soon, Anthony.
[h/t The Big Lead]
Photo via Getty
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead