- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Boxer Ken Norton, Scourge Of Ali And General Bad-Ass, Dies At Age 70
Ken Norton Sr. has died, and does that even seem possible? He will forever be known for breaking Muhammad Ali’s jaw, beating him in a split decision non-title bout (remember when boxers still fought those?) in 1973. His two subsequent losses to Ali were also squeakers, and so it went back in the day, when great heavyweights roamed the landscape in substantial numbers. Now, not so much.
Norton had suffered from a series of strokes in recent years. His son, former 49er linebacker and current Seahawks’ linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr., said the 70-year-old passed away today at a Las Vegas care facility.
Gene Kilroy, who was Ali’s former business manager, says he’s sure Norton is “in heaven now with all the great fighters,” and Kilroy would like to hear that conversation.
Fun fact: Norton’s last victory, in 1980, came against Randall “Tex” Cobb, who would go on to play the bounty hunter Leonard Smalls in Raising Arizona.
- Filed Under:
- Ken Norton
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason