- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Chael Sonnen Asks To Touch Sage Steele’s Hair On SportsCenter, Controversy Ensues
Look, I don’t pretend to know why this is considered a racist move, but apparently it is. Chael Sonnen, UFC fighter and professional loudmouth, was on SportsCenter on Monday being interviewed by Sage Steele (Sonnen is fighting Jon Jones this Saturday). The chat took a weird detour when Steele asked Sonnen if he has to hate someone in order to have a chance at beating him. Sonnen replied without missing a beat:
“Can I touch your hair?”
After Steele bent toward him allowing him to touch it, Sonnen said:
“That’s real hair, people. And it’s soft.”
Apparently that’s a racist move, at least according to this source.
Steele, however, doesn’t seem concerned.
— Sage Steele (@sagesteele) April 23, 2013
Sonnen is an acquired taste to be sure. He has his fans — can 300,000 Twitter followers be wrong? But he has his detractors. You just never know what’s going to come out of his mouth. For instance, this week he said that Jones could “beat up Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali in the same day.” As Dwight Schrute would say: “False.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts