- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Hector Camacho’s Wake Turns Into Fight Between Hector Camacho’s Girlfriends
Oy. Not the best sendoff for Hector Camacho, although, based on his flair for the dramatic, perhaps this is the way he would’ve wanted it.
The somber atmosphere took a violent turn when Cynthia Castillo, a local woman claiming to be Camacho’s partner at the time of his death, removed the casket veil covering his face and kissed him on the mouth, El Nuevo Dia of Puerto Rico reported.
Castillo, who claimed to be Macho’s current lover, then went over to a section reserved for family. It was there where her plate of food was upended by Gloria Fernandez, who claimed to be Macho’s girlfriend of 25 years. Macho’s sisters, Esther and Estrella, were also involved.
“I went to get something to eat because Machito (Hector Camacho Jr.) told me to, and his ex-girlfriend (Fernandez) came up to me and told me that I had to leave,” Castillo told ESPN Deportes, showing a fresh scratch across her clavicle. “I said no, so they threw my plate of food and attacked me, and I defended myself.”
Camacho was shot on Nov. 20 as he sat in a car with a friend outside a bar in his town of Bayamon, Puerto Rico. There was an open bag of cocaine found in the vehicle, and nine unopened bags found on his friend. Despite some ugly out-of-ring incidents, Camacho was one of the most exciting fighters of his generation, and again, a noted showman in a sport full of them. Here’s the best YouTube compilation available, for the uninitiated.
- Filed Under:
- Hector Camacho
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?