- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Here Come More Mayweather-Pacquiao Rumors, And Subsequent Denials Of Said Rumors
It’s on! It’s on like Donkey Kong! The long-awaited, much-anticipated, long-since-chalked-up-as-never-gonna-happen fight between two of the best pound-for-pound fighters ever, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is reportedly “on” and will take place in September of this year. Maybe.
It should be noted that the source for this news is a video from 78SportsTV. The Latino Post notes that the video quotes a source — the same source who said Mayweather would fight Robert Guerrero and Saul Canelo Alvarez before those fights were announced, apparently — that claims the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is a “done deal” and that everything else is “just theatrics” at this point:
The story has been picked up by other outlets like the International Business Times — so it has to be true, right? Well, of course not, this is the Internet and the Internet is full of rumors. For example, while hearing that any denials at this point is “just theatrics” makes me skeptical of denials, here’s a denial from Pacquiao’s adviser Mike Koncz, via Yahoo:
Yahoo Philippines’ Ronnie Nathanielsz contacted Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz shortly after he arrived at the airport in Los Angeles for a reaction to the story.
Koncz inquired where he read the story and whom did they quote as the source of the story and emphasized “It’s not me, my friend.”
He added, “please do not believe everything that you read (about a Mayweaher fight) unless it comes from Manny or me.”
So the fight is definitely on. Unless it isn’t. I have no idea what either side would stand to gain by continuing to deny that the fight is happening. We’ve been through enough of a back and forth over the years — and frankly, collectively resigned ourselves to it not happening anyway — that if this is real, let us know already. We want to see you fight, guys, so why don’t you just go get your gloves on, punch each other in the face a lot, and get paid a ridiculous amount of money — okay? It’s a win for everybody, except for your faces, which will get punched.
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?