- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Manny Pacquiao’s Next Fight Will Be At The Ungodly Hour Of 10 a.m. (He Also Wants To Run For President Of The Philippines)
At 34 years old and having lost his previous two fights, of course the first question asked when Manny Pacquiao steps into the ring is going to be: “If you lose, will you retire?”
Actually, my first question is: “10 a.m.? WTF?”
Pacquiao will take on American Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios on Nov. 4 at The Venetian resort-hotel in Macau, China at 10 a.m. … just as I would be beginning my continental breakfast, were I there. Why a pre-lunchtime bout?
U.S. pay-per-view, of course. The fight would be mid-evening on the east coast here. It’s HBO’s world, we just live in it.
• He’ll be running for president, apparently.
In an exclusive interview with Agence France-Presse Saturday, Pacquiao admitted he had considered seeking the presidency of the Philippines. When pressed on whether he had thought about shooting for the top job, the soft-spoken 34-year-old replied “Yes.
“When I started boxing, of course I was planning, you know, and thinking about getting to become a champion. So when I enter politics it’s the same thing.”
• He said he is “one hundred percent certain” he will beat Rios.
• He called Rios “A greasy fighter.”
• Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, told ESPN that if he loses to Rios, Pacquiao will retire.
• Pacquiao, on Floyd Mayweather, Jr.: “I’ve stopped thinking about him because I don’t think he will fight me. I’ve been waiting four years already.”
• I’m pretty sure this is the first time a major fight has been promoted with the boxers running on the Great Wall of China.
Well, one thing of which we can be pretty certain: Floyd and the Money Team aren’t getting up to fight at no 10 a.m.
Photos: Associated Press, and via.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'