- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
This Is What A Check For $40,870,000 Looks Like
Floyd Mayweather got a guaranteed payout of $41.5 million for fighting Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Minus a few “minor” fees (anti-doping and ticket comps, which total $630,000), he received a check for $40.87 million. Via @Fight_Ghost, here’s what a check that big look like:
If you can believe it, this “base” pay might be only half of what Mayweather ends up making from this fight after he gets his cut of each pay-per-view buy and the concessions sold in the stadium. Estimates for Mayweather’s final payout range from $70 million to over $100 million.
Dude is rich.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence