- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Is What A Check For $40,870,000 Looks Like
Floyd Mayweather got a guaranteed payout of $41.5 million for fighting Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Minus a few “minor” fees (anti-doping and ticket comps, which total $630,000), he received a check for $40.87 million. Via @Fight_Ghost, here’s what a check that big look like:
If you can believe it, this “base” pay might be only half of what Mayweather ends up making from this fight after he gets his cut of each pay-per-view buy and the concessions sold in the stadium. Estimates for Mayweather’s final payout range from $70 million to over $100 million.
Dude is rich.
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success