- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
UFC Fighter Nick Diaz Admits He’s Never Paid His Taxes, Has Public Meltdown, Is Really Smart
Fresh off his beat down at UFC 158 to Georges St-Pierre Saturday, Nick Diaz admitted to the press that he’s never paid his taxes. Probably not the smartest move for someone with a net worth of $800,000.
Diaz was in full-on crisis mode after the fight, letting it all hang out for the attending media:
“I just have to invest a little bit more, now that I have a little bit more money. You know what? I’ve never paid taxes in my life. I’m probably going to go to jail.
“Nobody wants to hear about that, nobody wants to hear that kind of talk or what’s really going on with me. I might as well as be a kid. I’ve had fight after fight after fight after fight. You don’t know what that does to somebody that didn’t graduate high school? You don’t understand.”
Diaz also retired on the spot, then unretired a little later in saying he wants a rematch with St-Pierre or Carlos Condit. All things considered, Diaz was obviously an emotional wreck.
Don’t worry, you’re not the only person who doesn’t feel sorry for Diaz. UFC president Dana White summed things up perfectly:
“Nick Diaz has been in the game a long time. If you saw his pay check tonight, you wouldn’t feel too sad for him.”
“At the end of the day, Nick has been in the sport forever. He wanted a shot at the title, he got a shot at the title and he got paid a lot of money for it. What’s sad is he better go pay those taxes, a soon as he gets that check.”
That about sums it up. Diaz has no one to blame but himself. He chose UFC, he chose to not pay his taxes, he chose this life. Hard to feel sorry for someone who made his own bed.
Maybe Diaz should stop playing the victim and start taking responsibility for his actions. Hopefully this public meltdown helps him get back on the right track.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts