- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The World’s First Wheelchair MMA Fights Will Take Place In The UK
If you had England in your office pool for “first country to host MMA fights between wheelchair-bound athletes,” congrats. A promotion called Ultimate Cage Fighting Championships will host a series of bouts between wheelchair athletes and amputees in South Yorkshire.
Via Fighters Only:
The fighters will compete on specially-made wheelchairs that are adaptable to various sports such as basketball, football or even as an off-road vehicle for activities such as mountain-biking. Designed by SporTech DSC, they can also be used for both MMA and boxing.
Wheelchair fights actually aren’t a new thing; wheelchair undercards have been taking place at U.S. boxing events for some time, and although we’re not sure how an MMA wheelchair fight will differ from a wheelchair boxing match, we welcome this. Every human should have the ability to beat the crap out of another humans while a bloodthirsty crowd cheers them on.
[h/t Bloody Elbow]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story