- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The World’s First Wheelchair MMA Fights Will Take Place In The UK
If you had England in your office pool for “first country to host MMA fights between wheelchair-bound athletes,” congrats. A promotion called Ultimate Cage Fighting Championships will host a series of bouts between wheelchair athletes and amputees in South Yorkshire.
Via Fighters Only:
The fighters will compete on specially-made wheelchairs that are adaptable to various sports such as basketball, football or even as an off-road vehicle for activities such as mountain-biking. Designed by SporTech DSC, they can also be used for both MMA and boxing.
Wheelchair fights actually aren’t a new thing; wheelchair undercards have been taking place at U.S. boxing events for some time, and although we’re not sure how an MMA wheelchair fight will differ from a wheelchair boxing match, we welcome this. Every human should have the ability to beat the crap out of another humans while a bloodthirsty crowd cheers them on.
[h/t Bloody Elbow]
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship