- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The World’s First Wheelchair MMA Fights Will Take Place In The UK
If you had England in your office pool for “first country to host MMA fights between wheelchair-bound athletes,” congrats. A promotion called Ultimate Cage Fighting Championships will host a series of bouts between wheelchair athletes and amputees in South Yorkshire.
Via Fighters Only:
The fighters will compete on specially-made wheelchairs that are adaptable to various sports such as basketball, football or even as an off-road vehicle for activities such as mountain-biking. Designed by SporTech DSC, they can also be used for both MMA and boxing.
Wheelchair fights actually aren’t a new thing; wheelchair undercards have been taking place at U.S. boxing events for some time, and although we’re not sure how an MMA wheelchair fight will differ from a wheelchair boxing match, we welcome this. Every human should have the ability to beat the crap out of another humans while a bloodthirsty crowd cheers them on.
[h/t Bloody Elbow]
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy