- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Who’s Next For Floyd Mayweather? Amir Khan Says He’s Given Up Celebrity Lifestyle, Wants A Shot At Him
Floyd Mayweather has four fights remaining on his contract with Showtime Pay-Per-View. So, will it be the twice-yearly Bum of the Moment Club, or will Money’s team actually seek out real fighting threats?
One guy who says he wants a crack at the title is Amir Khan (28-3), the British current WBC Silver Super Lightweight world champion and former WBA and IBF Super and Light Welterweight world champion. Khan, 27, who won a silver medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics, is considered one of the fastest fighters around — something that could conceivably give Mayweather trouble.
The problem is that Khan has lost two of his past four fights … or two of his past five, if you count his knockout of a couple of would-be carjackers in Birmingham, England, this past October. Khan scored a double-KO, according to an eyewitness, when a gang of thugs tried to steal is $100,000 Range Rover. The Sun:
“One slapped Amir and clipped him on the lip, but Amir pulled back and knocked him out cold,” a witness told the site. “Then five of them went for Amir and Haroon — but they stood their ground and these guys got dropped one by one.”
Before that he had lost to Lamont Peterson (split decision in Dec., 2011) and Danny Garcia (TKO in July, 2012). His past two fights were wins: vs. Carlos Molina and Julio Diaz, the latter in Khan’s return to Britain.
Khan’s new trainer, Virgil Hunter, has insisted that the fighter knock off his man-about-town socialite shenanigans and dedicate himself to training. Khan will face world Welterweight champion Devon Alexander in Dec., and a convincing win could land him a fight with Mayweather.
But how do you concentrate on training when this is your wife?:
She seems to be a handful in more ways than one. The couple last year moved to Bolton, in England, from New York:
Mrs Khan has posted a series of tweets in recent weeks about life in Bolton.
They included a message saying she could not find her favorite cereal — cinnamon toast crunch — or anyone to shape her eyebrows.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce