- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Michael Schumacher In Coma, ‘Critical’ After Ski Accident
Michael Schumacher, the seven-time Formula 1 world champion, is in a “critical condition” after a skiing accident, according to several reports. He was skiing in the Alps with his son, and was wearing a helmet, according to Meribel resort director Christophe Gernignon-Lecomte. But Schumacher fell and hit his head against a rock.
The 44-year-old German “was suffering a serious brain trauma with coma on his arrival” the hospital in the south-east city of Grenoble said in a statement.
Schumacher’s management confirmed his critical condition, reports said.
The German, who is due to turn 45 on 3 January, retired from F1 for a second time in 2012.
My favorite Schumacher story of course is how, in 2007, he was late for a flight and commandeered a German taxi, driving it himself to the airport. Extending our best wishes and hopes for a full recovery.
- Filed Under:
- Michael Schumacher
- Does Richard Sherman Deserve Another Punch in the Face
- Michelle Obama Photobombs Miami Heat
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts