- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Boston Is Having A Terrible Week In The Sports World, All Other Cities Rejoice
Boston is having a downright terrible week in the world of sports, which makes this a time of rejoicement for all sports fans outside of Boston. Let’s recap what has happened for the city’s sports teams over the past week.
One week ago, the Miami Heat defeated the San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. This doesn’t have anything to do with Boston directly, but Celtics fans had to watch Ray Allen, who spurned the city and bolted for Miami last year, win a championship. Boston fans are still bitter over Allen’s exit for good reason, and I’m sure that most of them weren’t happy for him after he abandoned ship last offseason.
Next up is Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday. The Bruins held a 2-1 lead with just minutes to go, but blew the game and lost 3-2 to end the series and any hopes of taking home the cup. It’s only hockey, but this was strike two for the city of Boston in what is quickly shaping up to be a bad week. But don’t fret, it only gets worse from here.
Then came Doc Rivers. Two days ago, the Celtics officially traded the coach to the Los Angeles Clippers in return for draft pick compensation. Rivers was not up for staying in Boston through a rebuilding process, and seemed to be ready to head to a television analyst position if the Celtics did not let him out of his contract to coach elsewhere. That’s how much he didn’t want to stay in Boston.
And I think you all know what the fourth and final item on the list is: Aaron Hernandez. The former New England Patriots tight end was arrested yesterday and charged with murder in the shooting death of his friend Odin Lloyd. The Patriots released him yesterday morning following his arrest.
Between Ray Allen’s second ring, the Bruins crunch time blowup, Rivers’ swift exit, and a New England Patriot getting brought up on murder charges, it is shaping up to be a miserable week for Boston sports fans, which is pretty cool.
[h/t to Reddit]
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams