- THANK YOU COCAINE: Puma Gets PWND By Twitter In Epic Marketing Fail
- Everybody Get On The Connor Shaw Hype Train
- TONIGHT SHOW: Tiger Breaks Jimmy Fallon's Balls, Fallon Breaks Rory McIlroy's Face
- This Isn't The First Time Steve Ballmer Has Gone Bananas At An Event
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Delta Airlines’ Giraffe Gaffe Is Funniest Social Media Storyline Of The World Cup So Far
When the U.S. beat Ghana on Monday, the guy manning the Delta Airlines Twitter feed snapped into action and sent out the tweet you see below. Turns out, however, that there are no giraffes in Ghana … Delta dude was assuming that, hey, it’s Africa, so giraffes and lions and gorillas and stuff. Awk-ward.
— theScore (@theScore) June 17, 2014
After some social media blowback, Delta quickly deleted the tweet, and then apologized.
We're sorry for our choice of photo in our previous tweet. Best of luck to all teams.
— Delta (@Delta) June 17, 2014
OK Twitter … GO.
— k8 (@rolling_2) June 17, 2014
Hey, you get my bags to the same place I’m traveling, and let others do the zoology, OK, Delta?
- Filed Under:
- Daniel Jacobs Wants To Face GGG
- Clay Guida Shares His Opinion on PEDs
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever