- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Two People Shot, One Stabbed In San Francisco World Series 'Celebration'
- Are The Giants Officially A Dynasty? Opinions Vary, We Investigate
- Why Is Everyone Giving Gregg Popovich Shit?
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Delta Airlines’ Giraffe Gaffe Is Funniest Social Media Storyline Of The World Cup So Far
When the U.S. beat Ghana on Monday, the guy manning the Delta Airlines Twitter feed snapped into action and sent out the tweet you see below. Turns out, however, that there are no giraffes in Ghana … Delta dude was assuming that, hey, it’s Africa, so giraffes and lions and gorillas and stuff. Awk-ward.
— theScore (@theScore) June 17, 2014
After some social media blowback, Delta quickly deleted the tweet, and then apologized.
We're sorry for our choice of photo in our previous tweet. Best of luck to all teams.
— Delta (@Delta) June 17, 2014
OK Twitter … GO.
— k8 (@rolling_2) June 17, 2014
Hey, you get my bags to the same place I’m traveling, and let others do the zoology, OK, Delta?
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts