- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Delta Airlines’ Giraffe Gaffe Is Funniest Social Media Storyline Of The World Cup So Far
When the U.S. beat Ghana on Monday, the guy manning the Delta Airlines Twitter feed snapped into action and sent out the tweet you see below. Turns out, however, that there are no giraffes in Ghana … Delta dude was assuming that, hey, it’s Africa, so giraffes and lions and gorillas and stuff. Awk-ward.
— theScore (@theScore) June 17, 2014
After some social media blowback, Delta quickly deleted the tweet, and then apologized.
We're sorry for our choice of photo in our previous tweet. Best of luck to all teams.
— Delta (@Delta) June 17, 2014
OK Twitter … GO.
— k8 (@rolling_2) June 17, 2014
Hey, you get my bags to the same place I’m traveling, and let others do the zoology, OK, Delta?
- Filed Under:
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions