- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Here’s All That Any Other Rider Saw Of Vincenzo Nibali At The 2014 Tour de France
Did you know that cycling has a triple crown? Apparently it’s the Grand Tours in France, Italy and Spain, and now Vincenzo Nibali has become only the sixth rider to capture all three. He won the Tour de France today — the first Italian in 16 years to claim cycling’s biggest race.
A big help — 2013 champion Chris Froome and two-time winner Alberto Contador both crashed out early. Nibali won pretty much wire-to-wire — he wore the leader’s yellow jersey for all but two stages. Marcel Kittel won the 21st stage by outsprinting Nibali, and Jean-Christophe Peraud was second overall, 7 minutes, 52 seconds behind the winner.
— Sky Sports Cycling (@SkyCycling) July 27, 2014
We do not yet have video or photographic evidence, but presumably Nibali did not get snubbed at the winner’s podium like he did after Stage 2:
That’s still the highlight of this race for me.
* This guy did not win the Tour de France.
— JOE.ie (@JOEdotie) July 27, 2014
— ITV News (@itvnews) July 27, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Tour De France
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts