- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Tour de France Still Doesn’t Quite Understand Urine Testing: Someone Threw A Bottle Of Pee On Mark Cavendish Today
The Tour de France has been no ride in the park for Mark Cavendish. Last year he was involved in a pretty harrowing pileup during Stage Four, resulting in bruises, cuts and eventual stitches.
Then today, someone apparently threw urine at the British rider during a time trial.
“Yes, that’s true I think. I was behind him. I didn’t see it, but I think it’s true,” Omega Pharma-Quick Step team press officer Alessandro Tegner said.
Tegner said the liquid smelled like urine and it was “all over him.” He said Cavendish talked about it after completing the time trial, saying “I really don’t know what’s going on.”
The team didn’t know where it happened on the 20-mile time-trial course to Mont-Saint-Michel on the Brittany coast.
Cavendish’s teammate, Jerome Pineau, reacted angrily to the news.
“I’m ashamed when my friend Mark Cavendish tells me that he was jeered and even sprayed with urine,” Pineau said on his Twitter feed. “It’s scandalous.”
The French wait until Lance Armstrong is retired to throw urine? Makes no sense.
Was it a rogue camel? Or perhaps it was in response to an incident during Tuesday’s Stage 10, in which Cavendish collided with Tom Veelers, sending the Dutch rider to the ground. Race officials exonerated Cavendish, but Veelers would not accept Cavendish’s apology.
At least Cavendish still has the best Tour de France nickname: The Manx Missile.
@dwuori why all the sudden shock and outrage. this has been happening for 100 years in some form or another. piss, spit, fists, etc.
— Lance Armstrong (@lancearmstrong) July 10, 2013
Cyclist Mark Cavendish had urine thrown at him from crowd. Lucky it wasn't Lance Armstrong's, it would have probably burnt his face off.
— Tom Worsley (@tew1984) July 10, 2013
Shocking that someone poured urine on @MarkCavendish in his time trial today.I'd of got off my bike and smashed him
— Iwan Roberts (@iwanwroberts) July 10, 2013
Tour de France results [The Guardian]
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same