- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
March Madness Puns: ESPN Hits Tumblr With The Flair Of An Adult Swim Show
In a move to appeal to hep-cats and cool-dudes, ESPN has gone ahead and launched a comedy-oriented Tumblr page. Either that, or there actually is something called “Starch Madness.” Wow, they are really taking this fake website joke seriously, and treating Tumblr like a Friday afternoon open mic.
Other featured stories include March Dadness, which really is just a picture of a Dad holding his son upside down (to illustrate the sense of euphoria he felt when his team got selected for the tournament with a blood rush.) And a cartoon of Lebron and D-Wade driving a convertible under the sign “1973 Lakers Streak 10 Wins Ahead.” Other than that, they explain why they love sports:
“WE BELIEVE THAT WHILE THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUNDANE, FORGETTABLE THINGS IN THE WORLD, SPORTS ARE DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THEM. SPORTS ARE CRAZY. THEY’RE UNPREDICTABLE, INSPIRING AND DRAMATIC. AND THAT’S WHY WE’RE ALL SUCH BIG FANS.”
Not sure what the direction of this page is, but I’ll venture a guess they’re not going for “Kenny Mane’s fever dream.” The first step will be getting more content up, so that it isn’t such an homage to “March Madness” puns, I’m sure. If you’re in the mood to be confused, give it a look for yourself.
- Filed Under:
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'