- Report: Carmelo Anthony To Return To New York Knicks
- Hmm, There Are Moving Trucks Outside Of LeBron's Miami Home Right Now
- The World Cup: Where Cameramen Find Sexy Fans And Zoom In
- NFL-NBA Logo Mashups Are So Cool You'll Want To Dunk A Touchdown
- Cuba's National Team Boots Two Pitchers After Failed Defection Bids
March Madness Puns: ESPN Hits Tumblr With The Flair Of An Adult Swim Show
In a move to appeal to hep-cats and cool-dudes, ESPN has gone ahead and launched a comedy-oriented Tumblr page. Either that, or there actually is something called “Starch Madness.” Wow, they are really taking this fake website joke seriously, and treating Tumblr like a Friday afternoon open mic.
Other featured stories include March Dadness, which really is just a picture of a Dad holding his son upside down (to illustrate the sense of euphoria he felt when his team got selected for the tournament with a blood rush.) And a cartoon of Lebron and D-Wade driving a convertible under the sign “1973 Lakers Streak 10 Wins Ahead.” Other than that, they explain why they love sports:
“WE BELIEVE THAT WHILE THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUNDANE, FORGETTABLE THINGS IN THE WORLD, SPORTS ARE DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THEM. SPORTS ARE CRAZY. THEY’RE UNPREDICTABLE, INSPIRING AND DRAMATIC. AND THAT’S WHY WE’RE ALL SUCH BIG FANS.”
Not sure what the direction of this page is, but I’ll venture a guess they’re not going for “Kenny Mane’s fever dream.” The first step will be getting more content up, so that it isn’t such an homage to “March Madness” puns, I’m sure. If you’re in the mood to be confused, give it a look for yourself.
- Filed Under:
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Michael Jordan Admits to Being Racist?
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap