- The 19 Best MLB Uniform & Logo Changes To Look Forward To This Season
- Analytics Suck Sometimes: A Weekend At The MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- This 'Carmelo Anthony To The Rockets' Idea Is The Most Intriguing One Yet
- Off The Grid: Adam Schefter's Phone, Finding Out Bad News On Twitter And MLS Fans
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
March Madness Puns: ESPN Hits Tumblr With The Flair Of An Adult Swim Show
In a move to appeal to hep-cats and cool-dudes, ESPN has gone ahead and launched a comedy-oriented Tumblr page. Either that, or there actually is something called “Starch Madness.” Wow, they are really taking this fake website joke seriously, and treating Tumblr like a Friday afternoon open mic.
Other featured stories include March Dadness, which really is just a picture of a Dad holding his son upside down (to illustrate the sense of euphoria he felt when his team got selected for the tournament with a blood rush.) And a cartoon of Lebron and D-Wade driving a convertible under the sign “1973 Lakers Streak 10 Wins Ahead.” Other than that, they explain why they love sports:
“WE BELIEVE THAT WHILE THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUNDANE, FORGETTABLE THINGS IN THE WORLD, SPORTS ARE DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THEM. SPORTS ARE CRAZY. THEY’RE UNPREDICTABLE, INSPIRING AND DRAMATIC. AND THAT’S WHY WE’RE ALL SUCH BIG FANS.”
Not sure what the direction of this page is, but I’ll venture a guess they’re not going for “Kenny Mane’s fever dream.” The first step will be getting more content up, so that it isn’t such an homage to “March Madness” puns, I’m sure. If you’re in the mood to be confused, give it a look for yourself.
- Filed Under:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?