- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
March Madness Puns: ESPN Hits Tumblr With The Flair Of An Adult Swim Show
In a move to appeal to hep-cats and cool-dudes, ESPN has gone ahead and launched a comedy-oriented Tumblr page. Either that, or there actually is something called “Starch Madness.” Wow, they are really taking this fake website joke seriously, and treating Tumblr like a Friday afternoon open mic.
Other featured stories include March Dadness, which really is just a picture of a Dad holding his son upside down (to illustrate the sense of euphoria he felt when his team got selected for the tournament with a blood rush.) And a cartoon of Lebron and D-Wade driving a convertible under the sign “1973 Lakers Streak 10 Wins Ahead.” Other than that, they explain why they love sports:
“WE BELIEVE THAT WHILE THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUNDANE, FORGETTABLE THINGS IN THE WORLD, SPORTS ARE DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THEM. SPORTS ARE CRAZY. THEY’RE UNPREDICTABLE, INSPIRING AND DRAMATIC. AND THAT’S WHY WE’RE ALL SUCH BIG FANS.”
Not sure what the direction of this page is, but I’ll venture a guess they’re not going for “Kenny Mane’s fever dream.” The first step will be getting more content up, so that it isn’t such an homage to “March Madness” puns, I’m sure. If you’re in the mood to be confused, give it a look for yourself.
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story