- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
ESPN’s Tommy Smyth: The US Women Couldn’t “Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn With A Cannon”
The day after the US Women’s soccer team lost to Japan, after seemingly having the game in hand, there seems to be a tentativeness among some members of the media to be hard on them for giving up a late lead. There is no such tentativeness for ESPN soccer analyst Tommy Smyth.
Smyth, the bald Irishman whose media appearances are a highlight of any World Cup, appeared on Mike and Mike this morning to discuss the US loss. He stopped short of saying the US Women choked (which they didn’t – they may have made a strategic error in refusing to drop more players back on defense in the final minutes of stoppage time with a 2-1 lead, but that’s not choking). But what he did say is that the US women couldn’t “hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon” during penalty kicks.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story