- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
ESPN’s Tommy Smyth: The US Women Couldn’t “Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn With A Cannon”
The day after the US Women’s soccer team lost to Japan, after seemingly having the game in hand, there seems to be a tentativeness among some members of the media to be hard on them for giving up a late lead. There is no such tentativeness for ESPN soccer analyst Tommy Smyth.
Smyth, the bald Irishman whose media appearances are a highlight of any World Cup, appeared on Mike and Mike this morning to discuss the US loss. He stopped short of saying the US Women choked (which they didn’t – they may have made a strategic error in refusing to drop more players back on defense in the final minutes of stoppage time with a 2-1 lead, but that’s not choking). But what he did say is that the US women couldn’t “hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon” during penalty kicks.
- How You Can Pick Who Steve Austin Should Fight
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- CM Punk is Officially Removed From WWE Roster