- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
ESPN’s Tommy Smyth: The US Women Couldn’t “Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn With A Cannon”
The day after the US Women’s soccer team lost to Japan, after seemingly having the game in hand, there seems to be a tentativeness among some members of the media to be hard on them for giving up a late lead. There is no such tentativeness for ESPN soccer analyst Tommy Smyth.
Smyth, the bald Irishman whose media appearances are a highlight of any World Cup, appeared on Mike and Mike this morning to discuss the US loss. He stopped short of saying the US Women choked (which they didn’t – they may have made a strategic error in refusing to drop more players back on defense in the final minutes of stoppage time with a 2-1 lead, but that’s not choking). But what he did say is that the US women couldn’t “hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon” during penalty kicks.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Rios Vows To End Pacquiao's Career
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley