- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
ESPN’s Tommy Smyth: The US Women Couldn’t “Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn With A Cannon”
The day after the US Women’s soccer team lost to Japan, after seemingly having the game in hand, there seems to be a tentativeness among some members of the media to be hard on them for giving up a late lead. There is no such tentativeness for ESPN soccer analyst Tommy Smyth.
Smyth, the bald Irishman whose media appearances are a highlight of any World Cup, appeared on Mike and Mike this morning to discuss the US loss. He stopped short of saying the US Women choked (which they didn’t – they may have made a strategic error in refusing to drop more players back on defense in the final minutes of stoppage time with a 2-1 lead, but that’s not choking). But what he did say is that the US women couldn’t “hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon” during penalty kicks.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'