- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
ESPN’s Tommy Smyth: The US Women Couldn’t “Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn With A Cannon”
The day after the US Women’s soccer team lost to Japan, after seemingly having the game in hand, there seems to be a tentativeness among some members of the media to be hard on them for giving up a late lead. There is no such tentativeness for ESPN soccer analyst Tommy Smyth.
Smyth, the bald Irishman whose media appearances are a highlight of any World Cup, appeared on Mike and Mike this morning to discuss the US loss. He stopped short of saying the US Women choked (which they didn’t – they may have made a strategic error in refusing to drop more players back on defense in the final minutes of stoppage time with a 2-1 lead, but that’s not choking). But what he did say is that the US women couldn’t “hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon” during penalty kicks.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- The 10 Biggest NBA Draft Busts Ever
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs