- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With The Best Sharknado Tweets
- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Okay, Fine, This Gentleman Named 'Fat Jew' Is Actually A Pretty Great Mets Fan
- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Shawne Merriman Got Up And Left In The Middle Of A Difficult Interview On ESPN
Well, this is uncomfortable. Shawne Merriman was on “Highly Questionable” (that other ESPN talking heads show that no one really knows about because it’s all Dan Le Batard, all the time) and then suddenly, he wasn’t.
During a weird segment (and perhaps somebody can explain the context here?) in which Le Batard and Bomani Jones asked Shawne Merriman about his house burning down as a child, Merriman just… left. A highly questionable interview, indeed. Watch (via Busted Coverage):
Just bad timing? Or another example of a big-name athlete getting annoyed with an unceasing line of questions about a topic he’s not comfortable discussing? As BC points out, asking “How did it feel to come home and see your house on fire?” rates pretty low on the Intelligent Question Scale. It feels really shitty, Bomani.
However, like the Jameis Winston interview, we have to wonder if there wasn’t a better way for Merriman to handle this. Maybe say “It’s not my favorite topic of discussion — can we move on?” next time instead of just bouncing and letting the awkward audio kid clean up after you.
Jones tweeted this out afterwards:
i don’t know why merriman got up, but if you say “i lost two homes in a fire,” more questions are coming. we weren’t wrong for that.
— Bomani Jones (@bomani_jones) December 10, 2013
Way to ask the tough questions!
Merriman, however, seems cool with how things played out:
Mr Walk off #LightsOut
— Shawne Merriman (@shawnemerriman) December 10, 2013
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?