- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
SUAREZ BITE REACTIONS: Lalas Is Compassionate, Ballack Is Pragmatic
In a very unconventional “good cop/bad cop” routine, ESPN commentators Alexi Lalas and Michael Ballack were asked about the Luis Suarez bite controversy, which reached critical mass today as he did it for a third time — signaling a real problem and not just a temporary lapse in judgement.
Expecting Lalas to freak out (as he often does), we were surprised to see him immediately go human on the whole issue, which is currently the biggest story of the 2014 World Cup. Here are their paraphrased reactions to the bite heard round the world.
Lalas: “I immediately thought about his kids. They have to go to school and live with this. How does he explain his actions to them?”
Ballack: “Don’t talk too much about it and give him a big fine and suspension.”
Pretend like it didn’t happen? Ha — you can connect the dots all you want with Ballack’s response, but he’s probably right. They both are. This isn’t a soccer problem, it’s a human problem and Luis Suarez needs serious help.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts