- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Bad Idea Jeans? All People Wanted To Talk About After Nik Wallenda’s Grand Canyon Tightrope Walk Was His Bell Bottoms
Walking across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope, without a tether or safety net? Impressive. Yep, we want to watch that. Nik Wallenda’s daredevil stunt on Sunday drew a 5.1 overnight TV rating: which jumped to 7.1 over the last 30 minutes, according to Sports Business Journal.
It took Wallenda 22 minutes and 54 seconds to walk the 1,400 feet across, without a tether or safety net, in the live broadcast. He was the first person to ever do it.
Wallenda could be heard praying almost constantly during the walk, murmuring “Thank you, Jesus.” He kissed the ground when he reached the other side.
“It took every bit of me to stay focused that entire time,” Wallenda said. “My arms are aching like you wouldn’t believe.”
But what was everyone talking about when he reached the other side? His jeans.
Kenny Powers is gonna be pissed when he finds out that Wallenda took his jeans.
— SC_DougFarrar (@SC_DougFarrar) June 24, 2013
The most incredible thing about the #skywire has got to be Wallenda's mom jeans.
— Jason Isbell (@JasonIsbell) June 24, 2013
— Go Leafs Go (@g0leafsg000) June 16, 2012
We might see a spike in people wearing blue jeans at the gym since Wallenda walked across the Grand Canyon in some.
— Brett Ballard (@CoachBBallard) June 24, 2013
Nik Wallenda tells @ScottandTodd that he wore jeans because they’re comfortable. Brand was Buffalo, but not paid by them.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) June 24, 2013
Where can I purchase a pair of wallenda's jeans #madstyle
— Nicole Caruana (@NicCaruana) June 24, 2013
Skywire Wallenda just did more for Jeans than any commercial ever.
— Dustin Nielson (@nielson1260) June 24, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts