- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- Joe Montana's Son Wins For Saturday's Most Embarrassing Moment
- Colt McCoy's First NFL Pass Attempt Was A 70-Yard TD, So Here Are Some Photos Of His Wife
- There's No "I" In Rugby, But There Is In Fiji
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Cricket Fan Catches Ball In Stands To Win $83,000, Proceeds To Talk Cricket Gibberish
Not since Barry Bonds’ steroid-stained 756th home run has a ball hit into the stands fetched so much lettuce for the guy who caught it. Michael Morton of New Zealand was relaxing at the cricket ground with his dad, watching New Zealand vs. The West Indies, when someone blasted a drive into what they call “the stands” over there. His one-handed catch won him $100,000 New Zealand dollars, or $82,780 in the U.S.
Here’s an explanation, followed by a paragraph of pure gibberish for you cricket fans.
The lucky spectator pocketed the big prize in the Tui Catch a Million competition, where crowd members were challenged to catch a six with one hand while wearing a promotional orange T-shirt and lanyard.
Morton was sat on the banks when the opportunity came to catch a sweet slog into cow corner from Windies left-hander Powell.
And the real winner?? Michael Morton, a fan in Hamilton, won $100,000 after grabbing a one-handed catch in the crowd… Drinks on him.
— TAB Sport (@TAB_Sport) January 8, 2014
— Vaughan Smith (@fletch_VAUGHAN) January 8, 2014
- Filed Under:
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Why Floyd Mayweather Says He Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Why Did Ryan Ford Fight Jake Shields With A Broken Arm?