- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Fantasy Baseball: American League Gut Feelings
Welcome back to Lenny’s RotoXList, the new column that appears from Fantasy Sports industry legend Lenny Melnick. You can now catch Lenny on RotoRadio three times a week right here, or listen on demand. His new podcast airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8 am ET and is always available for downloads at this link. You can also catch Lenny on Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87) along with Tony Cincotta on the RotoExperts weekend editions (Saturdays and Sundays at 10 am to 1 pm ET) and the Monday night show (8 pm to 11 ET).
My “Gut Feelings” are not a result of sabermetrics, scouting reports or any type of “insider” information. Instincts, intuition and a feel for the game pave the way for these predictions.
1. Chris Davis will slow down to hit 48 Home Runs for the year. Momentum plays a huge role in sports. The All-Star Game breaks the daily routine of both teams and players, and Davis’ owners will feel it.
2. John Lackey will also feel the momentum shift. Lackey will be less than a .500 pitcher in the second half.
3. Brandon Workman will emerge to be a serviceable starter and strike out 1 batter per inning.
4. Koji Uehara will become the best AL closer.
5. Yankee hopes will be buoyed by a better offense, while the starting pitchers fall apart.
6. Eduardo Nunez will hit .280 and steal 12 bases in the second half.
7. Fernando Rodney will lose his job as Tampa Bay’s closer.
8. R.A Dickey will be traded to a NL contender.
9. The White Sox will trade Alex Rios and Alejandro De Aza and both will shine.
10. Argenis Diaz becomes the Tiger shortstop if the Tigers fail to acquire Jimmy Rollins.
11. Justin Verlander will have offseason surgery.
12. Kevin Gregg becomes the Tigers closer.
13. Greg Holland changes his name to Mariano next year.
14. Justin Morneau will be traded to Toronto.
15. Jason Castro finally gets noticed as a $10 catcher.
16. Josh Hamilton gets worse.
17. Yeonis Cespedes explodes in the second half and becomes Yasiel Puig.
18. Raul Ibanez disappears.
19. Josh Reddick never recovers.
20. Engel Beltre is Scott Engel’s first pick next year.
The new RotoExperts Daily Clubhouse has all you need to win big every night in Daily Fantasy Baseball – expert picks, tools to identify hot and bargain players, plus official lineups and podcasts/radio shows just prior to game time! Don’t set your lineups without visiting the Daily Clubhouse first. Then set your winning rosters on DraftKings.
- Filed Under:
- fantasy baseball
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story