- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Fred Jackson Is Out At Least 3 Weeks, Must Be First Player To Apologize To Fantasy Owners Everywhere
Nobody particularly cares about the Buffalo Bills’ playoff prospects this season, though many did see them as a dark horse wild card team. Instead, most are concerned about the fantasy implications of recent injures (note: David Nelson’s torn ACL thusly becomes irrelevant), most notably that of Fred Jackson.
Jackson left the game against the Jets in the second quarter after a hit to his right knee, as fantasy owners facepalmed everywhere. And then, of course, they scrambled to pick up C.J. Spiller, only to find out that the computer autopick-stashed him on the team of some guy who left the draft early.
Jackson’s immediate return to the lineup is unlikely, and one source thinks he’ll be out at least three weeks. Here’s more, via ESPN:
“An MRI exam completed on Jackson’s right knee Monday revealed nothing conclusive, a source familiar with result had earlier told Schefter. It likely will be 7-10 days before a timeline is established for his return but a source estimated that the running back will miss at least a month.”
Gah! A month? Have ye no mercy, fantasy gods? No matter the length of the injury, Jackson’s health and well-being are secondary to your fantasy team, amirite? As if NFL franchises didn’t commodify players enough already, the fantasy world has us doing it to. Not to ride my high horse around or anything, but it’s an interesting development these days.
Jackson, for his part, is staying upbeat on his Twitter account:
It’s all about billief, guys.
- Michelle Jenneke Shows Us What She's Got
- What Are Your Expectations For Tyron Spong's MMA Career?
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes