- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Team USA Opening Ceremony Uniforms Are Out, And They’re Very America
The Team USA uniforms for the Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony in Sochi — now just weeks away — were unveiled today on “The Today Show.” They were designed by Ralph Lauren. They are, in two words, very America.
Take a look:
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) January 23, 2014
The full outfit — the star-emblazoned cardigan, the turtleneck sweater, the white fleece athletic pants, the black leather boots with red laces, a cotton belt and reindeer hat — will run you well over $1500.
But the mind-numbing amalgamation of stars, stripes, hoops and flags and the exorbitant price tags aren’t the only prototypical American aspects of this uniform. Perhaps remembering the backlash that the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony uniforms got for being manufactured in China (and making us look French), these babies were spun and knit right here in the USA. America! We’ll never outsource again!
Anyway, what do you think? Looks a bit busy to us, but we’re not experts. We’re going to ask our friends at Styleite and get back to you with professional opinions, because we think sweatpants are acceptable formal wear.
Lauren: Those Ralph Lauren uniforms have a lot going on..
Lauren: that’s totally not his typical aesthetic either…
Me: he’s usually more… lowkey?
(I have no idea)
less is more kind of deal
Me: Overall — yay or nay?
which makes me sad, because I love Ralph Lauren
Hannah: no to everything about this
that cardigan is so bad it’s almost good? maybe?
It’s official: Two thumbs way down.
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends