- Here Are The Sports-Themed 'Simpsons' Episodes That Belong In The Hall Of Fame
- When Should An NBA Team Stop Rebuilding And Start Competing?
- Jim Harbaugh Is Trying To Find That Picture Of The Time He Peed His Pants
- Stephen A. Smith Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Team USA Opening Ceremony Uniforms Are Out, And They’re Very America
The Team USA uniforms for the Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony in Sochi — now just weeks away — were unveiled today on “The Today Show.” They were designed by Ralph Lauren. They are, in two words, very America.
Take a look:
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) January 23, 2014
The full outfit — the star-emblazoned cardigan, the turtleneck sweater, the white fleece athletic pants, the black leather boots with red laces, a cotton belt and reindeer hat — will run you well over $1500.
But the mind-numbing amalgamation of stars, stripes, hoops and flags and the exorbitant price tags aren’t the only prototypical American aspects of this uniform. Perhaps remembering the backlash that the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony uniforms got for being manufactured in China (and making us look French), these babies were spun and knit right here in the USA. America! We’ll never outsource again!
Anyway, what do you think? Looks a bit busy to us, but we’re not experts. We’re going to ask our friends at Styleite and get back to you with professional opinions, because we think sweatpants are acceptable formal wear.
Lauren: Those Ralph Lauren uniforms have a lot going on..
Lauren: that’s totally not his typical aesthetic either…
Me: he’s usually more… lowkey?
(I have no idea)
less is more kind of deal
Me: Overall — yay or nay?
which makes me sad, because I love Ralph Lauren
Hannah: no to everything about this
that cardigan is so bad it’s almost good? maybe?
It’s official: Two thumbs way down.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts