- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Russian Winter Olympics Yogurt Blockade Is Hilarious, May Begin The Second Cold War
It’s hard these days to find food made with only real, natural ingredients: especially if you’re an Olympic athlete in Russia. Several thousand containers of Chobani Yogurt are sitting in cold storage in New Jersey after the Russian government has refused to let them be flown into Sochi for the Winter Olympics.
The yogurt was supposed to be for Olympic athletes, but Russia says it won’t allow the shipment because the U.S. didn’t file the proper paperwork.
Case closed? Oh no, no, no. In fact, this just may cause another Cold War.
“With the Sochi Olympic Games starting at the end of this week, there is simply no time to waste in getting our Olympic athletes and employees a nutritious and delicious breakfast –- Chobani Greek Yogurt,” Senator Chuck Schumer — a Democrat from New York — said in a statement accompanying his letter to the Russian ambassador.”
Yes, a U.S. Senator actually sent a letter to the Russian ambassador over this.
Worth noting is the fact that Chobani is headquartered in Upstate New York — and is represented in the U.S. Senate by Schumer.
So we’re not even sure who to mock here: the Russian government, for taking the time and effort to set up a yogurt blockade, or our own government, for the embarrassing and nakedly self-serving letter.
Perhaps if the Russians could only see the commercial below, they’d relent. The bear is their national mascot, after all, and that bear is hungry for Chobani.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts