- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Offers Keep Rolling In: Omaha Beef Want Tim Tebow As Their Starting QB
A thing called the Champions Professional Indoor Football League exists, and if he wanted to, Tim Tebow could be suiting up and starting at quarterback for the Omaha Beef this Sunday vs. the Mid-Missouri Outlaws (good tickets available). The deal includes a contract for $75 a day and, we’re assuming, a box of steaks?
On Monday Tebow got an offer from the Lingerie/Legends Football League to be the league’s quarterback coach. It appears that low-level football organizations are going to ride the Tebow publicity train as far as possible until he gets a real offer. The Associated Press:
The Beef’s current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He’s completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef’s wooing of Tebow. McNear said, “I think Tim can learn a lot from me.”
McNear played at Concordia University, where he was the first player in Div. II history to pass for 300 yards and rush for 200 yards in one game (in 2005). So there’s no guarantee Tebow would even hold onto that starting spot.
Meanwhile, the Jacksonville Jaguars repeated that they have no interest in Tebow. And the Montreal Alouettes, who own Tebow’s Canadian Football League negotiating rights, said his arrival is unlikely.
“We have quarterbacks under contract,” Montreal general manager Jim Popp told the Gazette. “We’re going to camp in a month. We’ve got a starting quarterback. I’m not out there enticing or trying to convince (Tebow) to come to Montreal because he’s (not) going to be a starting quarterback. He would be coming to Montreal to be a backup player … to learn the game and, maybe, in the future, he’ll be able to compete for a starting job.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts