- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
What’s On TV Tonight, And How Not To Lose Your Money Gamblin’ On The NHL Playoffs
Welcome to SportsGrid’s new, daily feature, where we tell you what sports are on TV tonight. Then, I do my best to help you win some money while watching. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing, and gambling is legal in your jurisdiction. Feel free to tweet hateful things at me if my advice moves you to do so. TV games are often the toughest games to find an edge on, so don’t go crazy, people. If I do recommend a bet, I’ll keep track of it, so you can tell me how awful (or wonderful?) I am. For record-keeping, we’ll assume a standard bet is $10. Occasionally, there will be 2x or 3x bets, maybe 4 or 5 if I’m feeling spunky. Good luck, America!
Stupid San Jose. Time to regroup and recoup (dollars). Sadly, there’s only one game tonight.
Important note: Money you make in the playoffs isn’t worth more than money you make in the regular season. Stay disciplined.
NHL Playoffs: Senators (+178) at Penguins (-193) (7:30 p.m., NBCSN)
I’ve thought about taking Ottawa as a longshot to win the series, but with Tomas Vokoun playing well for the Pens, Eric Karlsson struggling and Jason Spezza at least a game away from returning, I don’t think this is the time to fire. I won’t back Pittsburgh in what I expect to be a low-scoring game, since the price is so high, but I do think they’ll win. Maybe Ottawa will be worth a series bet if they lose here. They’re lights out at home, and a Spezza return would be huge if he’s healthy or even healthy-ish.
My analysis for the first game stands. I still like the under. I am slightly scared of Ottawa’s penchant to take penalties (they were near the bottom of the NHL in penalties per game this season), coupled with Pittsburgh’s power play. For that reason, I strongly considered taking Ottawa’s team total under instead. But, I’ll stick with the full-game under.
UNDER 5 (-117), $20 to win $17.09
None, enjoy the one game!
Record in games actually worth risking money on: 170-113 (+$367.97)
What else is on:
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
7:30 or 8 p.m. | MLB Network
Los Angles Dodgers at Atlanta or Detroit at Texas
Lines taken from 5dimes.eu (with reduced juice) and betonline.ag
- Filed Under:
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead