- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
What’s On TV Tonight, And How Not To Lose Your Money Gamblin’ On The NHL Playoffs
Welcome to SportsGrid’s new, daily feature, where we tell you what sports are on TV tonight. Then, I do my best to help you win some money while watching. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing, and gambling is legal in your jurisdiction. Feel free to tweet hateful things at me if my advice moves you to do so. TV games are often the toughest games to find an edge on, so don’t go crazy, people. If I do recommend a bet, I’ll keep track of it, so you can tell me how awful (or wonderful?) I am. For record-keeping, we’ll assume a standard bet is $10. Occasionally, there will be 2x or 3x bets, maybe 4 or 5 if I’m feeling spunky. Good luck, America!
Sadly, there’s only one game tonight.
Important note: Money you make in the playoffs isn’t worth more than money you make in the regular season. Stay disciplined.
NHL Playoffs: Blackhawks (-134) at Red Wings (+126) (7:30 p.m., NBCSN)
I don’t have much to say about this game. I thought the Red Wings were overrated going into the playoffs, then they advanced past Round 1. I chalked that up more to the Ducks not playing great, and I stand by that. I think Detroit is a mediocre team with a very good goalie. I think the Blackhawks are the best team in the playoffs right now. They surprisingly were outplayed in Game 2, though, and if that happens again, I’ll have to reevaluate.
I don’t put too much stock into home-ice advantage, even in Detroit, so I don’t buy a -134 line making much sense here. The Hawks are unequivocally better.
Blackhawks (-134), $26.80 to win $20
None, enjoy the one game!
Record in games actually worth risking money on: 170-114 (+$347.97)
What else is on:
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
7 p.m. | ESPN
N.Y. Yankees at Baltimore
Lines taken from 5dimes.eu (with reduced juice) and betonline.ag
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts