- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Brandon Kelly, The Man Who Threw A Hot Dog At Tiger Woods, Was Inspired By The Movie Drive
On Sunday, an apparently-crazy man threw a hot dog at Tiger Woods. We heard about it, thought, “That’s extremely odd,” and figured that would be the end of it, and certainly never expected to get more word on the thrower’s intentions. Well, we were wrong. The man, Brandon Kelly, opened up to the Press Democrat (Ca.) about the incident. And…we’re not entirely sure what to make of Kelly’s reasoning (if one could even call it that):
“I threw the hot dog toward Tiger Woods because I was inspired by the movie ‘Drive.’ As soon as the movie ended, I thought to myself, ‘I have to do something courageous and epic. I have to throw a hot dog on the green in front of Tiger.’”
A natural reaction may be to question what was either courageous or epic about Kelly’s act. (Not that this likely would have helped; reporter Julie Johnson said Kelly wouldn’t go into any more detail about why he did it.) And if you’re wondering what this guy looks like, here he is (photo from the Press Democrat):
Another natural reaction to this bizarre story would be to think: “Wow, this guy must really hate Tiger Woods.” Ah, but not so fast:
I honestly wish Tiger the best. One day I hope he breaks Jack Nicklaus’ [major championship] record.”
So…a guy who likes Tiger Woods threw a hot dog at Tiger Woods while he was on the golf course. Maybe Kelly really just wanted to get in the news, as Tiger said. Or maybe he’s completely crazy. We’re holding out hope it’s just the former.
- Filed Under:
- Tiger Woods
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts