- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Golfers Accidentally Hit Golf Ball Through Window, Homeowner Shoots At Them With Shotgun
Newton’s third law of physics states that “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” Well, most of the time. For one batshit crazy guy in Reno at the 16th hole of the Lakeridge Golf Course, the equal and opposite reaction to having a golf ball hit through his window was to take out his shotgun and a play a game of manhunt with the culprits.
We’ll let the AP take it from here:
“A man has been arrested on suspicion of shooting and wounding a golfer after an errant ball broke a window at his home.
Jeff Fleming, 53, is accused of firing at a pair of golfers at the 16th hole on Thursday, striking the one who hit the home in Reno. The golfer was treated for minor injuries to an arm and both legs.
The suspect’s neighbors told investigators that it was a ‘common, everyday deal’ for stray golf balls to hit their homes, police Lt. Keith Brown said.”
This takes grumpy old man muttering about those meddlesome kids to a whole new level. Though no video of the incident exists, we bring you this accurate reimagining instead:
- Filed Under:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success