- Tigers Outfielder Gets Traded In Middle Of Game, Walks Off To Standing Ovation
- The Top 9 Sports-Related Moments From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- The Xpert Eye: MLB Trade Deadline Special Edition -- Who's Going Where?
- VIDEO: Someone Gave The Robots Their Own World Cup And It's Hilarious
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Hot WAGS Out In Force For Masters: Why Are Golfers So Lucky With The Ladies?
It has come to our attention that some people are attending the Masters to watch something other than golf. And we’re not talking about the azaleas. The Masters is the unofficial start of the golf season, and the official start of the WAG-watching season — in the photo here you’ve got your Paulina Gretzky (girlfriend of Dustin Johnson and daughter of Wayne Gretzky); Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Kandi Harris (married to Hunter Mahan); and skier Lindsey Vonn (
keeping close tabs on watching her boyfriend Tiger Woods).
Gretzky was on hand on Wednesday at the event’s annual Par 3 Contest, while Harris and Vonn circulated today as the tournament officially got underway.
But that’s just the tip of the hot golfer WAG iceberg. You’ve also got your Nel-Mare Oosthuizen (wife of South African Louis Oosthuizen); Sonya Toms (wife of David Toms); Alicia Fernandez-Castano (wife of Spain’s Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano); and tennis star Anna Ivanovic (girlfriend of Adam Scott), to name just a few.
And there was a Caroline Wozniacki sighting on Wednesday, as Rory McIlroy’s significant other was caddying for him during a practice round.
It’s not exactly news that pro athletes attract hot babes, but it is still kind of surprising to me that this occurs in golf. Did it used to be this way? Did we ogle the wives and girlfriends of Lee Trevino, Arnold Palmer and Gary Player? I don’t recall golfers babing it out like this: the WAG meter seems to currently be at an unprecedented level.
Perhaps we can thank Tiger for this: he broke the golf-and-hot-chick barrier, and others are reaping the rewards. Or maybe it’s because there’s more money in golf now, although I hate to be that cynical. Of course I could be wrong and golfers have been attracting the babes all along. Sam Snead’s wife? Amazing. They didn’t call him Slammin’ Sammy for nothing.
Photos: Getty Images.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Mark Munoz Scores a Huge New Contract
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ