- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Incredibly Goofy And Boring Dude Wins PGA Championship, Celebrates With Hot Wife
Jason Dufner’s PGA Championship win yesterday was a victory for the goofy, boring people of the world. In a game known mainly for being plodding and methodical, played by the world’s worst-dressed and most awkward people, Dufner would probably be the poster boy, except that this was his first major win and Tiger Woods exists.
Dufner posted a 2-under-par 68 to beat second-place Jim Furyk by two strokes. Two years after losing a four shot lead with four holes to go, the man best known for creating a meme simply by being himself added another layer to his ungainly mystique by winning in super-boring fashion. It’s as if a chubby, confused looking Shia LeBeouf made a movie about being the most boring golfer alive.
Some quotes, direct from Dufner, about his win yesterday.
“For me, golf is a little bit more boring. I hit it in the fairway or I didn’t.”
“I would say I was pretty flat-lined for most of the day.”
So yesterday was already strange enough. Then his wife appeared, and we were once again reminded how unfair this world can be. The boring, goofy guy who plays golf gets the babe? I picked the wrong life, man.
Here’s Amanda Dufner celebrating with her meme-able husband. She apparently has a very touchable butt. Hashtag journalism.
[Update: For some reason, this article earlier called Dufner Australian. That is false. He is a good ol' boy from America.]
All photos via Getty Images except where otherwise noted.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions