- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Leading The Pack: New Zealand Open Has Interesting Hazards
Well, you know what I usually say when I look at a golf course for the first time. “Needs more wolves.”
Not a problem at the Hills Golf Club and Millbrook Resort in Queenstown, where they played the New Zealand Open last week. David Klein, seen above, finished third, and somehow avoided landing any shots in the pack of wooden wolves (although he did shank one into the wooden beavers on No. 4).
The wolf sculptures were created by Chinese artist Liu Ruo Wang, and when course creator and owner Sir Michael Hill saw them on display in Beijing, he just had to have them. There were 111 of them, and Ruo Wang apparently didn’t want to break up the set. So here they are.
There are many sculptures at the Hills, with the wolves being probably the least bizarre. That’s a sword-wielding warrior in the midst of the pack: he was in the original sculpture so he comes too. You know that the “Lord of the Rings” movies were filmed in New Zealand, but surprisingly, no hobbits here.
The course is littered with this
junk fine artwork. Take a look:
- Filed Under:
- New Zealand Open
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row