- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 9 RB Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Reggie Miller Calls ESPN Story On Kobe Bryant A 'Coward's Approach To Journalism'
- Russia Unveiled Its 2018 World Cup Logo From A Space Station
- Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial Names Royals World Series Champion
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Most Boring Selection Show Ever: Tom Watson Picks His Three Ryder Cup Wild-Cards
U.S. captain Tom Watson has had to soldier on without Tiger Woods, which is actually a blessing, although Tom doesn’t see it that way I’m sure. So for those who don’t follow international golf, Woods withdrew his name for consideration for the U.S. Ryder Cup team, due to an old back injury
from cheating on his wife and running into a tree competition. So the qualifiers for the U.S. team are Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Jordan Spieth, Zach Johnson, Jimmy Walker and Patrick Reed.
But the U.S. also gets three wild-card picks — guys chosen by the captain, like in the MLB All-Star Game. So Watson — live on the Golf Channel — went with with … Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Webb Simpson. THE MOST BORING SELECTION SHOW EVER.
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) September 2, 2014
Our battle with Europe for control the world’s golf courses for an entire year (I believe that’s how it works) runs Sept. 26 through 28 at Gleneagles in Scotland.
My guess for Tom Watson's picks are Keegan, Mahan and Kirk. Maybe Webb instead of either Mahan or Kirk… #RyderCup
— Stephanie Wei (@StephanieWei) September 2, 2014
Tom Watson seems like the guy at your fantasy football draft who takes 10 minutes to make his seventh-round pick.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelGC) September 2, 2014
The European team? Rory McIlroy’s on it, and that’s all you really need to know. Oh, OK — here.
All three U.S. wild-card picks are Ryder Cup veterans, and of Watson’s comments on the three, the most amusing was this: “[He's a] guy who still has his 2012 Ryder Cup clothes in the bag at home, Keegan Bradley.”
Keep up with the latest developments:
- Filed Under:
- ryder cup
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts